1. Always wash your face before bed. Not washing away the day’s grime? You’re asking for a breakout. Stash cleansing wipes on your nightstand for nights when you’re too tired to move.
2. Use lukewarm water when washing your face. Hot water dries out your skin, and cold water won’t open up your pores.
3. Don’t skip your morning wash! Hairstyling products get absorbed by your pillowcase then transfer to your skin—if it’s not cleared away in the A.M., it’ll clog your pores!
4. Don’t overwash. If your skin still feels oily, instead of washing again (which can make your skin produce even more oil!), try an astringent after cleansing.
5. Keep it simple. Too many products can irritate and too many steps may tempt you to skip. Simple is beautiful.